The 5th AACTA Awards Ceremony at the Star in Sydney was broadcast on Channel 7 last night and THE DRESSMAKER came away with a total of five awards, including:
- AACTA People’s Choice Award for Favourite Australian Film – The Dressmaker
- AACTA Award for Best Costume Design in a Feature Film – Marion Boyce & Margot Wilson
- AACTA Award for Best Lead Actress in a Feature Film – Kate Winslet
- AACTA Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Feature Film – Hugo Weaving
- AACTA Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Feature Film – Judy Davis
Sue and Daryl were joined by a number of The Dressmaker team last night including Jocelyn Moorhouse, Hugo Weaving, Jill Bilcock, Caitlin Spiller, Sacha Horler, Charlotte Seymour and author Rosalie Ham. Kate Winslet phoned in her acceptance speech from her home in the UK.Congratulations to the entire cast and crew on their incredible efforts in making this film come to life. And of course thank you to our audience, without whom none of this would be possible! THE DRESSMAKER is still playing in cinemas after six weeks and continues to break records, passing $16 million at the Box Office last weekend.